As a website owner, you want to boost its visibility, so it's essential to make sure you rank high on all the major search engines.
After Google, Microsoft Bing or Bing is the second largest search engine that connects users with the most relevant search results on the internet. You could be missing potential customers if you are not ranking high on Bing.
In this blog, we'll see how Bing Webmaster Tools can help you optimize your site for better rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
What are Bing Webmaster Tools?
Bing Webmaster Tools provides valuable insights to help website owners optimize their websites for the Bing search engine and is a free service. Smart analytics and insights identify matters that may affect your website's search engine rankings. Submit your website's sitemap to the Bing webmaster. This process will help in the following-
● Ensuring Bing's crawlers are aware of all pages.
● Proper Indexing of all the pages of the website.
● Quick discovery of new pages or updates.
Essential Features of Bing Webmaster Tools:
1. Bing Site Explorer - This allows you to see how Bing crawls and indexes your website. You get detailed information about the website pages indexed by Bing, including the number of pages on the site, backlinks pointing to the site, domains you are linking to, keywords that you are ranking for, crawl errors, page load times, etc.
2. Sitemap Generator - With this tool, you can create a sitemap for Bing to index all the pages on a website efficiently. It crawls your site and creates an XML sitemap to make indexing easier for Bing.
3. Robots.txt Tester - Using this tool, the user can test and debug their robots.txt file. The process allows Bing's smooth crawling on your site.
4. Search Analytics - This feature tells how users access your website in Bing search results. Using this feature, you can view the number of clicks, impressions, and click-through rates (CTRs) your website receives for specific search queries and pages.
5. Submission Tools - For quick and efficient crawling and indexing of your site, Bing Webmaster offers submission tools through which you can directly submit your website or through an XML sitemap.
How Bing Webmaster Tools Help with SEO?
Bing Webmaster Tools tracks your site's performance for important parameters. Here's how these valuable tool sets can help with SEO:
● Faster site crawling and indexing: Bing Webmaster's unique SEO tools ensure a quick scan of your site by allowing you to submit sitemaps and URLs to Bing and detect any issues preventing your site from being properly indexed.
● Backlink Analysis: The tool helps site owners identify any backlinks to their site and how it is affecting the site's performance. You can disown any backlinks that you find potentially damaging.
● Keyword Research: Bing Webmaster Tools lets you identify the search queries that the users are using to find your site. This information can be used to optimize the content of your website and improve rankings for relevant keywords.
● Performance Monitoring: The tool helps you proactively monitor your site and troubleshoot any technical SEO issues that could be impacting your website negatively.
● Check Mobile Friendliness: A mobile-friendly website gets more preference by Search Engines due to better user experience. When you take advantage of this tool, it will check if your site is optimized for mobile.
● Useful Guidance: Bing Webmaster Tools offers recommendations on URL parameters, site structure, meta tags, etc., to optimize your site for search engines. If you're serious about improving your site's SEO, you need to have Bing Webmaster Tools at your rescue as an essential part of a search engine optimization strategy.
Experts at Klusster Media can help you with your overall Bing SEO and setting up a webmaster tool for better optimization of your site, reaching a wider audience, getting more traffic, and ensuring your business's success.